Resources for improving breast health
The Greater Cincinnati Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure offers the most current information on research and breast health. The Affiliate also assists in funding a for programs to offer screening for women and emergency assistance and support for breast cancer survivors. For information about the specific programs that we currently fund, please visit the "Grants" tab at the top of this page.
* How can I take control of my breast health? CLICK HERE to find out how.
* Signs and symptoms of breast cancer are not the same for all women. It is important to Know What is Normal for You. CLICK HERE to view breast changes that should be discussed with your health care provider.
* Know the Risks. CLICK HERE to find out more about breast cancer risk factors.
* Healthy Living. CLICK HERE to learn about reducing risks related to the development of breast cancer.
* Young Women & Breast Cancer. CLICK HERE to read more about young women and breast cancer.
* One percent of all breast cancer cases are men. CLICK HERE to find out more about breast cancer in men.
* Want to learn more about Hereditary Breast and Ovarian Cancer Syndrome? CLICK HERE for more information.
* Women should begin having annual mammograms at the age of 40 (sooner if recommended by a doctor). CLICK HERE to view frequently asked questions about mammography.
* I am over 40 and I need to schedule my mammogram, but I don't have insurance and/or can't afford to get the screening. CLICK HERE to view sites near you that offer "no cost" mammograms. CLICK HERE to find when the mobile mammography van will be in your area offering "no cost" mammograms.
* I would like someone from Komen Greater Cincinnati to talk to my group or business about updates in breast health and research. CLICK HERE to download the Komen Greater Cincinnati Outreach Request Form. Once complete, email form to email@example.com
The Breast Cancer Registry of Greater Cincinnati is a local program sponsored by the University of Cincinnati Department of Environmental Health. The BCRGC is designed to obtain information from and about women and men diagnosed with breast cancer. The purpose of the Registry is to support research about the causes of breast cancer. Click here to see their Spring 2011 newsletter.
The 2011 Community Profile
The Community Profile report provides an in depth look at the service area of the Greater Cincinnati Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure. The Community Profile is done every other year to better assess and direct funding to our community, to improve education, screening and support.